Siddharth started working while he was in college and has been an entrepreneur all his life in the Software and Information Technology industry. His current role is CEO of event2mobile (e2m). event2mobile is a part of the WS Group (WS), which is a 360° DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT company founded in year 2000, with over 250 employees and fully-staffed offices across 4 countries.
We asked him 5 questions and here is what he had said.
1. Over 15 years in digital. How has that changed your outlook towards the industry?
I have seen "digital" evolve in businesses from an automation tool ( aka fancy typewriter or accountant) to a digital transformation tool and for consumers as entertainment ( games) tool to a medium for human connection.
Mobility has of course added the 24/7 digital lifestyle. And businesses instead of using digital to help their processes are essentially becoming digital themselves.
The digital takeover of every moment ( whether in business or consumer) has been unprecedented.
2. Bootstrapping a product company within a digital services company comes with its own challenges, how did you tackle them?
It's a culture shift. Event2mobile last year was 25% of our business. We anticipate that this year it will achieve revenue parity with the services group.
The biggest challenge is change in culture internally and also in marketing. Once that is achieved it creates possibilities that we were not possible with a pure digital services offering.
3. Your advice for enterprises in India looking to transform digitally?
They key advice is to capture data at source. If the data is in digital format from the beginning of the process cycle, you can achieve magic with digital solutions out there.
4. A productivity hack that you would like to share with the folks joining the tech industry?
Pick up the phone and talk! Digital messaging is fine but is being overused. When you talk, a thread can get resolved a lot faster.
5. 1 reason not to miss your session at Click Asia Summit 2016
I will talk about jump starting a million dollar product business from within a services business.